Vision, Mission, & Statement of Faith
Parkside Church Exists:
1. To CELEBRATE God’s Presence (Worship)
2. To DEMONSTRATE God’s Love (Ministry)
3. To COMMUNICATE God’s Word (Evangelism)
4. To ASSIMILATE God’s Family (Fellowship)
5. To EDUCATE God’s People (Discipleship)
Our Vision Statement
Where are we going?
Parkside First Baptist Church seeks to be a Biblically functioning community that expresses the heart of God to those around us.
Our Mission Statement
How will we get there?
Parkside First Baptist Church exists to share the Good News of Jesus Christ and how to live a life that glorifies God.
Our Values: Who are we?
1. We believe that Spirit-empowered teaching is the catalyst for transformation in individual's lives and of the church.
2. We believe that everyone matters to God.
3. We believe that the church should be culturally relevant while remaining doctrinally pure.
4. We believe that the church should operate as a unified community of Spirit-gifted servants led by men and women with leadership gifts.
5. We believe every aspect of church life should be permeated by love and governed by the balance of grace and truth.
6. We believe accomplishing God's purposes calls for scripture-based living that involves risk-taking, flexibility, and perseverance.
7. We believe that enthusiasm and excellence honor God and inspire people.
8. We believe that the pursuit of full devotion to Christ and His cause is the call for every Christian and will produce Christ-like qualities in each believer.
9. We believe small groups help facilitate the enriching and deepening of relationships through our participation and interactions with each other.
10. We believe prayer is essential to our individual lives, to the life of the church and to the impact on our world. Prayer establishes and deepens our relationships with God.
11. We believe discipleship and training is the means through which the church strengthens hearts and penetrates this world with the Good News.
Statement of Faith
We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible authoritative Word of God. We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. We believe that for the salvation of lost sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential! We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost to separation from God. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ